Update: Tragic crash biker named as David Read from Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
A MOTORCYCLIST has died after suffering serious injuries in a horror smash in Ipswich last week.
David Read, 35, was airlifted to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge with life-threatening injuries following the crash between his motorbike and a car last Wednesday.
A Suffolk police spokesman confirmed that Mr Read, from Norbury Road, Ipswich, died at Addenbrooke’s last night.
The crash, involving a black motorbike and a silver Vauxhall Astra estate, happened in Shepherd Drive near Suffolk One just before 3.30pm.
All three emergency services – police, fire and ambulance – were called to the scene.
You may also want to watch:
Police are renewing their appeal for anyone who was travelling in the area at the time and may have witnessed the crash.
Anyone with information should call Pc Allie Cotton at the serious collision investigation team on 101.
- 1 Police confirm body found in River Orwell was of a 17-year-old boy
- 2 Body found in the River Orwell
- 3 HOW THE NIGHT UNFOLDED: Witches prove too hot for Lynn
- 4 Could any released Bristol City players reunite with Ashton at Ipswich?
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'eye' Sheffield Wednesday midfielder
- 6 Exit Interview: Nydam showed 'heart, desire and hunger' but was never able to take the next step
- 7 What has changed in Woodbridge over lockdown?
- 8 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 9 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
- 10 Wrong way A12 driver flees scene after causing crash