Update: Trains running again after lorry hits bridge in Bacton
- Credit: Archant
Rail services between Stowmarket and Diss are resuming after a lorry struck a bridge.
All lines had been blocked with services subject to disruption on all routes, Greater Anglia had said.
The incident affected all services between Norwich and Stowmarket.
A white Mercedes lorry stuck the bridge in Pound Lane at around 10.30am.
Network Rail engineers were sent to assess the damage. The line re-opened at about 11.50am.
A police spokesman said there was no reported injuries but officers had to close the road.
In December a similar incident occurred when a Night Freight lorry hit the bridge.
There has also been a level crossing failure which is affecting trains between London Liverpool Street and Norwich.
- 1 Man with foot fetish jailed for sexually assaulting women
- 2 Nine Ipswich players who could follow Nsiala out the door this month
- 3 Van driver in his 20s dies in Elmswell crash
- 4 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 5 'Versatile, hungry, athletic and technical' - McKenna on new signing Bakinson
- 6 See inside £1.25m bungalow for sale in one of Suffolk's 'poshest' villages
- 7 'I'm not bothered... he can go' - Pearson on Town target Bakinson
- 8 Town working on loan deal for Bristol City midfielder
- 9 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 10 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's