Update: Trains services return to normal
TRAIN services to and from Norwich have returned to normal after hours of major disruption because of signalling problems.
Services to London Liverpool Street, Cambridge, Lowestoft, Great Yarmouth were affected.
Train operator Greater Anglia had to cancel and delay services at short notice from about 7am.
Commuters had been waiting for up to an hour but the delays improved to be about 30 minutes mid morning.
A Network Rail spokesman had earlier apologised for the delays.
You may also want to watch:
To find out whether this will impact your journey and to get alternative options planned for you, use the National Rail Enquiries real time Journey Planner or call TrainTracker on 0871 200 49 50.
On the roads a spokesman for Suffolk police said there had been no problems so far today.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 3 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 4 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 5 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 6 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 7 Suffolk landowner is fined for careless driving and jumping red light
- 8 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 9 Edmundson was schooled by the 'golden generation' and has put his faith in the Ipswich rebuild
- 10 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
The outlook for today is for more blustery and wet weather.
The afternoon should see the rain clear for some brighter spells with highs of 11c (51.8F).