Update: Two in hospital after four-car collision near Martlesham
- Credit: Archant
Ambulances have taken one man and one woman to hospital after a rush-hour collision on the A12.
The incident happened between the roundabouts for the BT headquarters and Tescos on the southbound carriageway.
Police said four vehicles appeared to have shunted into the back of each other.
East of England Ambulance Service confirmed a rapid response vehicle and an ambulance were sent to the scene.
They immobilised one woman and took her to hospital for futher assessment while one man with minor injuries was also taken to Ipswich hospital for further checks.
The road has since been cleared and traffic is flowing as normal.
- 1 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 2 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 3 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 4 When loans go permanent: Town's hits and misses when keeping hired hands full-time
- 5 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 6 'Incredible' Downes tipped 'to play at the very top'
- 7 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 8 Meet the man who has documented the entire history of a Suffolk village
- 9 Hazel O'Connor's Sudbury shows cancelled due to 'serious medical incident'
- 10 Star Suffolk breakfast blogger reveals her favourite food around Ipswich