Update: Van driver taken to hospital after two vehicle crash
A VAN driver has been taken to hospital after a two vehicle crash on the A140 near Eye.
The incident happened at 3.07pm on the A140 at Yaxley, near the turn off for Eye.
A silver Vauxhall van and a lorry collided, blocking both lanes of the northbound carriageway.
The driver of the van was reported to be complaining of chest pains and had to be cut out of his vehicle.
He was taken to hospital by ambulance but his injuries are not thought to be life-threatening or life-changing.
The road was reopened by 5.25pm.
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 3 'Ipswich did so much for me' - Knight excited for Town return with Crewe after dream Manchester City move
- 4 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 5 Dispersal order put in place for coastal town
- 6 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 7 Hitchhiker died after being hit by lorry wing mirror on A143
- 8 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 9 Is this the cheapest house for sale in Suffolk?
- 10 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour