Update: Witnesses sought after fatal crash on A12 at Kelvedon
- Credit: Archant
OFFICERS are appealing for witnesses after a crash on the A12 left one dead and another in a serious condition.
The accident happened at around 7.05pm yesterday on the northbound carriageway between Kelvedon and Marks Tey.
Officers attended to find a Ford Mondeo had left the road and collided with a tree on the embankment.
The car driver, a 59-year-old man from the Colchester area, died at the scene.
His passenger, a 57-year-old woman also from the Colchester area, was taken to Colchester Hospital with serious but not life threatening injuries.
You may also want to watch:
East of England Ambulance Service scrambled two ambulances, two response cars and a rapid response doctor to the scene.
Spokesman Gary Sanderson said: “Sadly on our arrival, a man was pronounced dead at the scene and the woman, who received serious injuries, was taken to Colchester General Hospital for further care.
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 3 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 6 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 7 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 8 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 9 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
- 10 Kesgrave shooting: Trial set to start as boy, 16, denies attempted murder
“Our thoughts are with the families of all involved at this tragic time.”
The carriageway was closed until 11pm while the vehicle was recovered and police carried out investigations.
Witnesses should call the Essex Police serious collision investigation unit on 101 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org