Update: Woman and child in hospital with “serious injuries” after car comes off road and hits tree
- Credit: Archant
A woman and a child are in hospital with “serious injuries” after the car they were in crashed into a tree.
Police closed Colchester Road, in Tiptree, at noon yesterday after a silver Hyundai estate vehicle was involved in the accident.
A force spokeswoman said: “The incident happened just after 11.30am. The occupants of the car - two adults and three children - were taken to hospital for treatment.”
The East Anglian Air Ambulance and the Herts Air Ambulance as well as land ambulance crews attended the scene.
A spokeswoman for the East Anglian Air Ambulance said a woman in her 50s had sustained serious pelvic injuries and was airlifted to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in a stable condition.
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Service said: “We dispatched two rapid response vehicles, a paramedic officer, three ambulances and a hazardous area response team.
“We treated five casualties - two adults and three children, who were all conveyed to Addenbrooke’s Hospital. An adult and child are seriously injured, the others suffered non-life threatening injuries.”
- 1 'It's a contractual issue' - McKenna explains Simpson recall
- 2 Photographer secretly recorded couple in bedroom of his Suffolk holiday home
- 3 'It's what I know and love': Former lorry driver opens food truck on A12
- 4 'It was worth it!' - Town co-owner has a celebration scar
- 5 'I lost my patience... that's how I roll' - Holt apology for 'derogatory' Morsy comments
- 6 10 Suffolk celebrities and where they went to school
- 7 Stu says: Seven observations following Wimbledon win
- 8 'I'm almost getting fed goals on a plate... there's no better feeling' - Town match-winner Burns loving life at Ipswich
- 9 'We were harshly beaten' - Dons boss on Town defeat
- 10 Award-winning east Suffolk restaurant temporarily closes ahead of takeover
Emergency services were also called to Church Road, in Little Bentley, at about 10.30am.
A police spokeswoman said: “Police attended an incident at just before 10.30am after a black Peugeot 206 was in collision with a bridge. The bridge was damaged and the road has been closed until it is repaired.
“The female driver of the car, aged 21, was taken to Colchester Hospital. Her injuries are not thought to be life threatening.”