Update: Woman and nine-month-old baby airlifted to hospital following serious crash in Thorrington
- Credit: Archant
A two-vehicle crash has seen a woman and a nine-month-old baby airlifted to hospital with serious injuries.
Emergency services were called to the crash in Clacton Road, Thorrington, near Clacton, at around 9.45am.
The accident, which involved a Land Rover and a Hyundai, has left a woman, a man and four children in hospital.
Essex County Fire and Rescue Service sent three crews to the scene of the crash which had left one person trapped.
Crews used specialist cutting equipment and released the casualty by 11.05am.
You may also want to watch:
A nine-month-old baby girl and a woman were airlifted in separate helicopters to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge with serious, life-threatening injuries.
Three girls and a man were taken by ambulance to Colchester General Hospital with less serious injuries.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 3 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 4 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 5 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 6 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 7 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 8 The end of an era as Suffolk's last Debenhams store closes
- 9 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 10 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
The injured people were all in the Hyundai.
A 61-year-old man, from St Osyth, was arrested at the scene on suspicion of careless driving causing injury and is currently in custody.
Witnesses or anyone with information should call the serious collision investigation unit on 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org