Update: Woman and nine-month-old baby airlifted to hospital following serious crash in Thorrington
- Credit: Archant
A two-vehicle crash has seen a woman and a nine-month-old baby airlifted to hospital with serious injuries.
Emergency services were called to the crash in Clacton Road, Thorrington, near Clacton, at around 9.45am.
The accident, which involved a Land Rover and a Hyundai, has left a woman, a man and four children in hospital.
Essex County Fire and Rescue Service sent three crews to the scene of the crash which had left one person trapped.
Crews used specialist cutting equipment and released the casualty by 11.05am.
A nine-month-old baby girl and a woman were airlifted in separate helicopters to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge with serious, life-threatening injuries.
Three girls and a man were taken by ambulance to Colchester General Hospital with less serious injuries.
- 1 Pub with 'gorgeous views' named one of UK's best waterside drinking spots
- 2 Matchday Recap: How Town's 1-0 win at Burton unfolded
- 3 Suffolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 4 When and where will the thunderstorms hit Suffolk?
- 5 Army carries out controlled explosion of dummy tank shell in west Suffolk
- 6 Man and woman arrested on suspicion of manslaughter after death of child
- 7 Chasing a treble, style shift and potential debut - Burton v Ipswich talking points
- 8 Suffolk councillor can stay in role despite bribery sentence
- 9 Man dies following two-vehicle crash in west Suffolk town
- 10 'My darling boy' - Mum's tribute to six-month-old baby who died after crash
The injured people were all in the Hyundai.
A 61-year-old man, from St Osyth, was arrested at the scene on suspicion of careless driving causing injury and is currently in custody.
Witnesses or anyone with information should call the serious collision investigation unit on 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org