Update: Woman arrested after assault in Civic Drive leaves man in critical condition in hospital in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
A woman has been arrested and a man is in a critical condition in hospital tonight after a street assault in Ipswich.
Police have launched an investigation after a 52-year-old man from Ipswich suffered a head injury near Hubbard House in Civic Drive at around 6.30pm.
Officers on the scene arrested a 47-year-old woman, understood to be local to the area, on suspicion of grievous bodily harm.
She is tonight being questioned at Martlesham Police Investigation Centre.
The victim was taken by ambulance to Ipswich Hospital. A Suffolk police spokesman described his condition as “critical”.
You may also want to watch:
An East of England Ambulance Service spokesman said paramedics were called out at just after 6.20pm to reports that a man in his 50s had “fallen”.
He added: “His condition is quite serious. It is not known at this stage whether the injury could be described as life-threatening or not.”
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 3 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 4 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today
- 5 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 6 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 9 New cocktail bar and tapas restaurant to open in Ipswich
- 10 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
Police have cordoned off an area in Civic Drive, near the St Matthews Street roundabout in the town centre, while police carry out a full investigation.
The force is urging witnesses to come forward. Call 101.