Update: Woman arrested after assault in Civic Drive leaves man in critical condition in hospital in Ipswich
- Credit: Archant
A woman has been arrested and a man is in a critical condition in hospital tonight after a street assault in Ipswich.
Police have launched an investigation after a 52-year-old man from Ipswich suffered a head injury near Hubbard House in Civic Drive at around 6.30pm.
Officers on the scene arrested a 47-year-old woman, understood to be local to the area, on suspicion of grievous bodily harm.
She is tonight being questioned at Martlesham Police Investigation Centre.
The victim was taken by ambulance to Ipswich Hospital. A Suffolk police spokesman described his condition as “critical”.
An East of England Ambulance Service spokesman said paramedics were called out at just after 6.20pm to reports that a man in his 50s had “fallen”.
He added: “His condition is quite serious. It is not known at this stage whether the injury could be described as life-threatening or not.”
- 1 Suffolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 2 When and where will the thunderstorms hit Suffolk?
- 3 Woman in 70s dies in hospital after serious crash in east Suffolk
- 4 Sainsbury's and Harvester evacuated after fire breaks out
- 5 Woodbridge café adds extra outside seats due to high demand from customers
- 6 More than 550 homes without power as fallen tree takes down overhead cables
- 7 New homes plan submitted for controversial Suffolk site
- 8 'I'd bet on Ipswich to get promoted' - Burton assistant praises Town
- 9 Three supercars pulled over in village for having no front number plates
- 10 Flood alert issued for coastal towns
Police have cordoned off an area in Civic Drive, near the St Matthews Street roundabout in the town centre, while police carry out a full investigation.
The force is urging witnesses to come forward. Call 101.