Update: Woman arrested over death of 80-year-old Leiston man to be held in detention for further questioning
Detectives investigating the death of a man in Leiston have been granted additional time to question a woman arrested in connection with the incident.
Officers were alerted at around 9.15am on Monday, June 15, to reports that a man’s body had been found at a house in Grimsey Road.
After a post-mortem examination, the man’s cause of death was found to be compression of the neck.
He has since been formally identified as 80-year-old John Proctor.
Officers arrested a 41-year-old woman from Leiston on suspicion of murder, where she was taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
Earlier today, an application was made at Ipswich Magistrates’ Court for further detention.
They were granted an additional 26 hours to interview the woman as enquiries continue into the man’s death.
- 1 'Inspiring and brilliant' Suffolk pilot, 21, died from an infected insect sting
- 2 Ex-Town duo sign for League One rivals
- 3 Revealed: The sell-on fee Town are set to receive for Downes
- 4 Suffolk school unveils plans for new fitness suite and cafe
- 5 Best friends take over popular café in 'just heavenly' setting
- 6 Woman rescued after being swept out to sea off Suffolk coast
- 7 Much-loved Stowmarket shop to re-open at new premises
- 8 Inside Suffolk’s best café - where there’s a cake cupboard!
- 9 DVLA issues urgent warning to drivers in UK
- 10 Tractor Girl Peake makes history with Saints move
Anyone who may information is asked to contact the major investigation team on 101, quoting reference LE/15/614.