Update: Woman dies following serious crash on A146 near Beccles
A WOMAN in her 60s has died following a two car crash in the early hours of Saturday morning.
The incident involving a black Hyundai Santa and a blue Toyota Aygo happened about a mile from the A143 Stockton roundabout at around 3.35am, in Hales, Norfolk.
The woman, who was driving the Toyota and is from Norfolk, was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital suffering from serious injuries, where she died on Sunday evening.
The 38-year-old male driver of the Hyundai received minor injuries.
He was arrested at the scene in connection with the crash and has since been released pending further enquiries.
You may also want to watch:
The Hyundai was travelling away from Norwich and the Toyota - driven by the woman - was travelling towards the city.
Officers are renewing their appeal for any witnesses who may have seen the collision or either of the vehicles prior to the incident.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 3 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 4 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 5 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 6 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
- 7 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 8 WATCH: Rude graffiti highlights 'huge' potholes
- 9 Lorry driver charged after £8.5m cocaine seizure
- 10 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
Contact Norfolk Constabulary’s Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101.