Update: Woman dies following serious crash on A146 near Beccles
A WOMAN in her 60s has died following a two car crash in the early hours of Saturday morning.
The incident involving a black Hyundai Santa and a blue Toyota Aygo happened about a mile from the A143 Stockton roundabout at around 3.35am, in Hales, Norfolk.
The woman, who was driving the Toyota and is from Norfolk, was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital suffering from serious injuries, where she died on Sunday evening.
The 38-year-old male driver of the Hyundai received minor injuries.
He was arrested at the scene in connection with the crash and has since been released pending further enquiries.
The Hyundai was travelling away from Norwich and the Toyota - driven by the woman - was travelling towards the city.
Officers are renewing their appeal for any witnesses who may have seen the collision or either of the vehicles prior to the incident.
- 1 Car seized as driver tries to avoid parking fees at Stansted Airport
- 2 Matchday Live: Needham Market v Ipswich Town team news and updates
- 3 Suffolk second home owners could face Airbnb ban under crackdown
- 4 Road closed as emergency services attend two-vehicle crash
- 5 Needham Market 0 Ipswich Town 7: Chaplin nets hat-trick
- 6 McKenna: Pre-season results are not important
- 7 Rogue trader in white van visits homes in west Suffolk
- 8 Town haven't taken option to sign Bakinson
- 9 Where you can see the Battle of Britain memorial flypast today
- 10 Things we might learn from Ipswich Town's pre-season games
Contact Norfolk Constabulary’s Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101.