Update: Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after B1033 Frinton Road accident involving pedestrian and car
- Credit: ©Archant Photographic 2010
A woman is in hospital with life-threatening injuries following an accident between a car and a pedestrian in Kirby Cross.
The B1033 Frinton Road in Kirby Cross, Frinton-on-Sea is currently closed in both directions as a result of the accident.
Police and emergency services were called at around 5.20pm following reports that a woman pedestrian in her 50s or 60s had been injured.
She was taken to Colchester General Hospital with life-threatening head injuries.
A police spokesperson said they believe the woman became involved in a collision when a car failed to stop.
The road remains closed while forensic investigations take place.
A diversion is in place for the stretch of road closed between the Halstead Road and Bemerton Gardens junctions.
- 1 Driver blamed Amazon training for 13 speeding offences in Suffolk
- 2 Former Blue McGoldrick linked with League One move
- 3 Suffolk's first blue badge prosecution for Haverhill woman
- 4 'We put some good things together' - McKenna pleased after Town's Arsenal friendly
- 5 Go-ahead given for 40 new homes in Suffolk village
- 6 Three Suffolk beaches named among 'most beautiful' in UK by Sunday Times
- 7 Seven Suffolk villages that have received national recognition
- 8 Five people injured and air ambulance called after car overturned in crash
- 9 Mystery surrounds container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast
- 10 Ice cream kiosk at Suffolk beauty spot destroyed in arson
An alternative route via the B1034 Kirby-le-Soken is also in place.
The incident is the second this month on Frinton Road. A 95-year-old man died after his vehicle collided with a tipper truck on December 13. A 46-year-old man from Dagenham was subsequently arrested on the A130 near Benfleet on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving, failing to stop, and being unfit through drink or drugs on that occasion.
Anyone with information should contact Essex Police on 101.