Update: Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after B1033 Frinton Road accident involving pedestrian and car
- Credit: ©Archant Photographic 2010
A woman is in hospital with life-threatening injuries following an accident between a car and a pedestrian in Kirby Cross.
The B1033 Frinton Road in Kirby Cross, Frinton-on-Sea is currently closed in both directions as a result of the accident.
Police and emergency services were called at around 5.20pm following reports that a woman pedestrian in her 50s or 60s had been injured.
She was taken to Colchester General Hospital with life-threatening head injuries.
A police spokesperson said they believe the woman became involved in a collision when a car failed to stop.
You may also want to watch:
The road remains closed while forensic investigations take place.
A diversion is in place for the stretch of road closed between the Halstead Road and Bemerton Gardens junctions.
- 1 Ed Sheeran to be Ipswich Town shirt sponsor for 2021/22
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 Election 2021: Suffolk County Council candidates published
- 4 Driver convicted of killing friend in A12 crash
- 5 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 6 Teaching assistant wins unfair dismissal claim
- 7 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 8 NHS hero injured in pub explosion feels 'lucky to be alive'
- 9 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 10 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
An alternative route via the B1034 Kirby-le-Soken is also in place.
The incident is the second this month on Frinton Road. A 95-year-old man died after his vehicle collided with a tipper truck on December 13. A 46-year-old man from Dagenham was subsequently arrested on the A130 near Benfleet on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving, failing to stop, and being unfit through drink or drugs on that occasion.
Anyone with information should contact Essex Police on 101.