Update: Woman rescued from flat fire in Bury St Edmunds dies
- Credit: PA
A woman, aged 55, has passed away in hospital following a fire at her flat in Langton Place last night.
A police spokesman said the woman was saved by firefighters and taken to West Suffolk Hospital in Bury St Edmunds after suffering a heart attack due to inhaling smoke.
Three fire crews were called to the scene at 8.45pm, a Suffolk Fire and Rescue Service spokesman said.
“The alarm was raised at 8.45pm when the automatic fire alarm of the business went off,” the spokesman added.
The woman was also treated by a doctor from the Suffolk Accident Rescue Service (SARS).
You may also want to watch:
A SARS spokesman added: “A woman in her 50s was rushed to hospital in a critical condition after a fire broke out in a second floor flat off Hatter Street in Bury St Edmunds last night at around 8.45 pm.
“A volunteer doctor from the Suffolk Accident Rescue Service charity was called out to assist paramedics with the treatment of the woman who had suffered a cardiac arrest due to inhalation of smoke from the fire.”
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 3 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 6 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 7 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 8 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Plans to convert pub into block of holiday lets withdrawn