Update: Woman suffered neck injury after three-vehicle crash on A14
FIREFIGHTERS cut free a woman after her car was involved in a three-vehicle smash.
Suffolk police were called at 8.25am after the crash on the A14 eastbound carriageway just before junction 55 for Copdock Interchange.
The accident, which involved a red Ford Transit van, a blue Saab and a black Ford Fiesta, blocked one lane of the carriageway and caused lengthy tailbacks as far back as junction 54 for Whitehouse Interchange.
A police spokesman said: “Fire are in attendance as a lady needs to be cut from her vehicle. Paramedics are also on scene.”
Three fire crews have been sent to the scene. A spokesman said one casualty was medically trapped and the vehicle was stabilised to allow the roof to be fully removed.
You may also want to watch:
The woman was taken to Ipswich Hospital suffering from neck pain.
Two broken down cars also caused problems near the scene of the crash.
- 1 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 2 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 3 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 4 Judge heading to Ipswich exit as contract clause could end Irishman's Portman Road stay
- 5 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 6 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
- 7 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 8 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 9 All 24 League One home kits ranked from worst to first
- 10 'They have big dreams... we're in great hands' - Town favourite Yallop on his links to new US owners