Update: Woodbridge Road reopens after crash left woman with neck injuries
A busy road has reopened after a car went into the back of another, leaving one motorist injured.
The accident happened shortly after 11am outside the Mulberry Tree pub in Woodbridge Road.
A female motorist suffered neck pain and whiplash as a result of the shunt.
It is understood the roof of one of the cars is being removed by firefighters.
Both lanes of Woodbridge Road, heading out of town, are closed while emergency services deal with the incident.
You may also want to watch:
A Suffolk police spokesman said traffic is being diverted along Fonnereau Road.
- 1 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 2 Car stranded in ditch after crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 3 Family forced to live in tent after maggots and rats found in home
- 4 Ipswich in shock after waterfront sexual assault
- 5 'There are a million pundits... it becomes tedious' - Cook on Portsmouth trip
- 6 3,000 children test positive for Covid in Suffolk over 10 day period
- 7 North Stander: Nowhere near good enough at this stage of the season
- 8 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 9 Woman sexually assaulted near Ipswich Waterfront
- 10 Suspected drink driver arrested after cyclist killed in collision