Update: Young girl critically injured in Hadleigh road accident has died
- Credit: Archant
A young girl thought to be no more than five years old has died after being seriously injured in an accident in Hadleigh.
The girl was involved in a collision with a Honda car yesterday evening in Canterbury Gardens.
The ambulance service was called shortly before 5.45pm with the police and East Anglian Air Ambulance also attending.
On arrival police officers immediately started trying to resuscitate the girl, who may have been riding a toy scooter at the time of the collision.
Paramedics then continued the process before the girl was taken to Ipswich Hospital by land ambulance.
However she died a short time later.
Police are now talking to the driver who is receiving medical treatment for shock. He is not thought to be related to the girl.
- 1 Sainsbury's and Harvester evacuated after fire breaks out
- 2 Suffolk village named among poshest places to live in UK
- 3 More than 550 homes without power as fallen tree takes down overhead cables
- 4 Three supercars pulled over in village for having no front number plates
- 5 'Peaceful' Suffolk coastal town named one of the best in the UK
- 6 Weather warning for thunderstorms in Suffolk extended
- 7 Village set for 33 new homes after planners approve project
- 8 Suffolk brand worn by pop star Ed Sheeran opens new store
- 9 'A really strong side' - Manning praises Town after defeat
- 10 See inside beautiful thatched house in the heart of Suffolk village
The road, a cul-de-sac, was closed while an investigation was carried out but has now reopened.
Police are asking anyone who may have seen what happened and who hasn’t already spoken to officers to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Suffolk police by dialling 101, quoting CAD 363 of Tuesday, June 17.