Update: Young girl critically injured in Hadleigh road accident has died
- Credit: Archant
A young girl thought to be no more than five years old has died after being seriously injured in an accident in Hadleigh.
The girl was involved in a collision with a Honda car yesterday evening in Canterbury Gardens.
The ambulance service was called shortly before 5.45pm with the police and East Anglian Air Ambulance also attending.
On arrival police officers immediately started trying to resuscitate the girl, who may have been riding a toy scooter at the time of the collision.
Paramedics then continued the process before the girl was taken to Ipswich Hospital by land ambulance.
You may also want to watch:
However she died a short time later.
Police are now talking to the driver who is receiving medical treatment for shock. He is not thought to be related to the girl.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 3 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 5 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 6 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 7 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 8 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 9 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth
- 10 Stuart Watson's Verdict: Judge Chambers and Skuse's legacy by what their peers said
The road, a cul-de-sac, was closed while an investigation was carried out but has now reopened.
Police are asking anyone who may have seen what happened and who hasn’t already spoken to officers to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Team at Suffolk police by dialling 101, quoting CAD 363 of Tuesday, June 17.