Updated description of sex attacker
POLICE have issued an updated description of a man thought responsible for sexually assaulting two young girls in west Suffolk shops.The first incident happened at the WH Smith shop in Cornhill, Bury St Edmunds between 2.
POLICE have issued an updated description of a man thought responsible for sexually assaulting two young girls in west Suffolk shops.
The first incident happened at the WH Smith shop in Cornhill, Bury St Edmunds between 2.15pm and 2.25pm on Tuesday in which a 10-year-old girl was sexually assaulted.
The girl was shopping with her mother when a man approached her from behind, pushed her into a corner and indecently assaulted her.
The man is described as white, in his late 30s or early 40s, 5 foot 6 to 5 foot 8 inches tall, of medium build, with short dark brown hair, and was wearing glasses, a black zip-up jacket, dark blue or blue jeans and possibly black shoes. It is thought he may have been with a second person.
The second incident happened about an hour later in Anglian Lane in which a 12-year-old girl was sexually assaulted by a man fitting a similar description.
Calls in relation to this incident should be made to Sgt Carl Edley at Bury St Edmunds Police on 01284 774100 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555111.
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 3 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 4 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 5 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing
- 6 Town set to appeal Morsy's FA charge
- 7 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
- 8 20th century former light railway station to be converted into properties
- 9 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 10 6 roadworks to avoid in Suffolk this week