Updated: Doorstep conman strike in Hall Road, Kedington and Macaulay Road, Ipswich
DOORSTEP conmen claiming to be from a utility firm struck at two Suffolk homes.
One man stole cash after tricking his way into a home in Hall Road, Kedington, around 5.30pm yesterday.
Another targeted a home in Macaulay Road, Ipswich, between noon and 3pm. But although he was let into the property nothing is believed to have been stolen.
A spokesman for Suffolk police, referring to the incident in Kedington, said: “He was admitted by the elderly occupant and turned on taps throughout the property. After around five minutes he said he was happy and left. A short time later cash was found to be missing from a handbag in the lounge.
“The man is described as white with a pale complexion, 30 years old, 6 foot tall, of slim build with short dark brown spiky hair. He was wearing a white long-sleeved shirt with thin vertical dark blue stripes, a blue tie, navy trousers and a lanyard.”
Anyone with information about either incident should call 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 A14 reopens after 'serious' crash involving three lorries
- 2 Two Suffolk beaches named among best in Britain for a winter walk
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: League One trio eye Preston defender
- 4 Town closing in on permanent deal for keeper Walton
- 5 Road closed while fire crews tackle Martlesham blaze
- 6 Suffolk landlord 'over the moon' to be named pub of the month
- 7 Retired Felixstowe nurse fears eviction after struggle to find social housing
- 8 Suffolk coastline to feature on BBC Winterwatch
- 9 Hughes nets a hat-trick for Town Under 23s as familiar face plays for QPR
- 10 How have Suffolk's towns changed over the last decade?