Updated: Fire crews deal with incidents at Thurston Community College and Whitton Green Primary School, Lowestoft
FIRE crews were scrambled to reports of a burning smell in kitchens at Thurston Community College.
Fire engines from Ixworth and Bury were scrambled around 11.15am.
Crews found the smell was coming from a faulty water heater and, working with an electrical engineer, made the scene safe.
A similar incident happened around the same time at Whitton Green Primary School, Lowestoft.
Two engines were dispatched to the school amid reports of burning.
You may also want to watch:
Crews extinguished a small fire in the kitchen.
- 1 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier
- 2 Woodbridge nurse plans Caribbean retirement after National Lottery win
- 3 A possible Ipswich Town reunion at Colchester this summer
- 4 A12 reopens after police respond to 'serious' accident
- 5 Two arrested after police block off street following threats
- 6 Town confirm early departure of experienced defender due to contract clause
- 7 Have your say on bid for new shopping village with cinema and hotel
- 8 How a popular Suffolk resort is gearing up for a bumper summer
- 9 'This club is going to be flying next season' - Dyer on 0-0 draw at Shrewsbury and Vincent-Young injury
- 10 See inside abandoned hotel with swimming pool as it goes up for auction