Updated: M25 re-opens after multi-vehicle smash near Dartford Tunnel
THE M25 has re-opened after an earlier multi-vehicle crash near the Dartford Tunnel.
The smash, which involved three cars and two HGVs, happened around 7am on Wednesday.
Four people were injured and taken to hospitals in Basildon, Darenth Valley, Romford and Whitechapel.
Police closed off the anti-clockwise carriageway between the Dartford Tunnel and junction 31 for Thurrock for more than five hours.
A 35-year-old man from Chatham, Kent was arrested on suspicion of causing serious injury by dangerous driving.
You may also want to watch:
He has been released on police bail until Sunday, February 17, pending further enquiries.
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 3 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 4 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 5 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 6 Ipswich's Covid infection rate now the highest in England
- 7 Thunderstorm warning issued in Suffolk as heavy rain forecast
- 8 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 9 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 10 Familiar faces galore, 'Chequebook FC' and the start of something big? - Town head to Portsmouth