Updated: Man arrested after two-hour armed siege in Lakeside Road, Ipswich
A MAN was arrested on Friday night after a two-hour armed siege in Ipswich.
A property in Lakeside Road, Chantry, was surrounded by armed officers after a PCSO was alleged to have received a knife injury earlier in the afternoon.
Two police community support officers (PCSO) are understood to have been called to a property in the same street around 2pm over a minor dispute between neighbours.
A man is then alleged to have injured one of the officers with a knife. But the officer was only scratched and did not require hospital treatment.
Later, around 5pm, armed officers then swooped to surround the property. The road was sealed off around 5pm and neighbours told to stay inside.
Specially-trained officers were drafted in to negotiate.
The siege ended peacefully around 7.05pm when a man was persuaded to come out of the house.
- 1 Police cordon off Stowmarket dentist after break-in
- 2 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 3 Watch: Celina's wonder goal against Crewe
- 4 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 5 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 6 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-1 win against Crewe
- 7 5 roadworks for Suffolk motorists to plan their journeys around this week
- 8 Truck overturns on wet, slippery road near Stowmarket
- 9 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 10 North Stander: We are where we deserve to be... and the play-offs look a long way off
Police arrested a 49-year-old man from Ipswich on suspicion of affray and took him to Martlesham Heath Police Investigation Centre for questioning.