Updated: Man dies after crash involving car and rubbish truck in Hadleigh
A MAN has died after a crash between a rubbish truck and a car in Hadleigh.
Police say the man, believed to be in his 80s, was in a Vauxhall Corsa when it hit a white Dennis refuse truck on the A1071 shortly before 1.30pm.
The incident happened on the A1071 just before the industrial estate and police, paramedics and the air ambulance were scrambled to the scene.
The man was taken to Ipswich Hospital by ambulance with an air ambulance escort for further treatment but later died.
The road, which was closed between Red Hill Road and Aldham Mill Hill, has now been reopened.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for Babergh District Council said the truck was working for the authority but being operated by Serco.
Any witnesses to the incident are asked to contact Suffolk Police’s Serious Collision Investigation Team on 101.
- 1 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 2 Man in 40s dies following A12 crash
- 3 'People might think I'm crocked now... but I fully back myself' - Norwood determined to make his mark
- 4 'He nearly ruined my club' - Bent on former Ipswich boss Lambert
- 5 Siegrist and Amos leading targets as Town step up hunt for new No.1
- 6 Man dies following stabbing in Bury St Edmunds
- 7 25 of the best cafes for outdoor dining in Suffolk
- 8 Off-duty PC caught speeding on A14
- 9 A12 re-opens after man seriously hurt in two-car crash
- 10 Mum 'shocked' to be given car park fine while breastfeeding child