Updated/Poll: Ipswich Torch route details revealed
DETAILS of the route of the Olympic torch through Ipswich have been revealed today.
The torch will arrive in town by water on July 5, passing near the Orwell Bridge before arriving at the Old Custom House at 6.23pm.
It will then pass around the town centre, passing Cromwell Square and the Cornhill before arriving at the Christchurch Park gates at 6.39pm.
It will arrive on stage outside Christchurch Mansion five minutes later. Entry to the official celebrations in the park is to ticket holders only.
Details of who will carry the torch through the town are still to be confirmed.
The following morning the torch will leave the mansion at 6.35am on its way towards Colchester. It will again pass through the Cornhill and Portman Road before heading south – it should have cleared the town centre before the worst of the traffic rush hour builds up.
The torch itself is accompanied by a considerable back-up team with buses and support staff, so those wanting to see its passage through the town are asked to ensure they are in place early to be able to see the torch as it passes.
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 3 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 4 Serious fire breaks out at home in Woodbridge
- 5 Weather warning in place for Suffolk as temperatures plunge below freezing
- 6 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
- 7 5 places to spot celebrities in Suffolk
- 8 6 roadworks to avoid in Suffolk this week
- 9 Town set to appeal Morsy's FA charge
- 10 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release