Power cable comes down and sets trees alight
- Credit: Archant
A power cable came down near Sudbury and set alight some trees - putting a house with a thatched roof in danger.
Four crews from Suffolk Fire and Rescue, as well as three from Essex Fire and Rescue attended on Upper Farm road, Ashen.
Crews were called just after 6.30pm on Friday, August 21.
A spokesman for Essex Fire and Rescue said crews arrived to find a power cable had come down and set trees alight close to a thatched building.
Crews waited for UK Power Networks to arrive and isolate the arcing cable.
You may also want to watch:
Two crews from Sudbury and one each from Long Melford and Haverhill attended the incident, as well as two crews from Halstead and one from Basildon.
A stop was called on the incident at 7.41pm.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 4 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 5 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 6 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 7 Superstitious nonsense or serious business? - Change on the way as Ipswich Town play the numbers game
- 8 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 9 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 10 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards