US Air Force top brass tour air bases in Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
High ranking leaders within the US Air Forces visited two air bases in Suffolk last week.
RAF Mildenhall and RAF Lakenheath received a visit from General Frank Gorenc, the commander of the air force in Africa and Europe, and Chief Master Sergeant James Davis.
They visited several facilities at both bases, meeting airmen and learning more about the operations at both bases.
They also both participated in a refuelling flight on board the 100th Refuelling Wing’s KC-135 Stratotanker.
12 F-15 jets from Lakenheath’s 48th Fighter Wing took part in the aerial exercise, taking on fuel from the Stratotanker.
You may also want to watch:
The two leaders were looking to strengthen the relationships between the west Suffolk bases and central command, and have been touring across Europe.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 5 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 6 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 7 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 8 Biker breaks collarbone in swerve to avoid car on wrong side of road
- 9 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 10 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks