US airman found dead at base near Thetford close to Suffolk’s border with Norfolk
- Credit: Matthew Usher
A US Air Force airman died at RAF Feltwell earlier this week despite efforts of emergency services who attempted to revive her.
Staff Sgt Ivone Rios was found unconscious in the force’s work space on Monday but emergency responders were unable to save her.
The cause of her death is currently unknown – and an investigation is underway to discover what happened.
The airman’s family have been informed and today RAF chiefs have today been able to identify her as Staff Sgt Rios.
Rios was a cyber transport systems maintainer assigned to American Forces Network-United Kingdom, a tenant unit of the 48th Fighter Wing.
In a statement, personnel at the base said: “The airman was found unconscious in their work space and attempts by emergency responders to revive the member were unsuccessful.
They added: “On behalf of the Liberty Wing, we offer our deepest condolences to Staff Sgt. Rios’ family and friends during this difficult time.”
- 1 'Lads have different levels of where they are' - Cook on Norwood and Barry
- 2 East Suffolk Council to form new company to deliver services after Norse contract ends
- 3 Paul Cook on social media 'drama queens' and a trip to Gateshead
- 4 'I absolutely hate it' - Pigott on 'massively frustrating' start to life at Town
- 5 'The answer to your question is in my reply' - Cook on whether he'll go with Bonne or Pigott
- 6 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 7 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 8 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005
- 9 'It's a genuine personnel issue' - Cook on goal errors
- 10 Time Team using latest technology to investigate Sutton Hoo