Suffolk care home to mark 30 years with ‘80s-themed party
- Credit: Archant
A Suffolk care home is celebrating its 30th anniversary tomorrow amid a nationwide open day event.
Uvedale Hall care home, which provide care for up to 29 people near to Needham Market, is hosting a ‘80s themed party from 3-6pm.
The celebrations, which coincide with National Care Home Open Day, are open to friends, relatives and visitors.
Staff and residents will also take part in a “Generation Game” style event - with members of the community invited to join in.
Home Manager Jon Hammond said, “It’s wonderful to know that Uvedale has been home to so many people for the last 30 years, and we’re excited about taking the opportunity to celebrate this special occasion.”
You may also want to watch:
“As the anniversary coincides with Care Home Open Day, we’d like to invite friends, neighbours and people who have connections with the home to come and join us for some 80s-themed fun and to come and see what life is like at Uvedale Hall.
“We’re extremely proud of the service we deliver here and our residents would enjoy the opportunity to welcome people into their home.”
- 1 Suffolk actress Helen McCrory dies following cancer battle
- 2 'I will be like Demolition Man... there will be a lot of pain' - Cook on his Town squad overhaul
- 3 Frustrated Suffolk farmer returns dumped items to householders
- 4 Rise in number of Covid patients in Suffolk and north Essex hospitals
- 5 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 6 Death of 'loving' Suffolk woman in crash was 'unmitigated tragedy'
- 7 'He goes with our best wishes' - Cook confirms Judge will leave Town
- 8 Mum-of-three who devoted her life to hospice shop dies of heart attack
- 9 'I've just been completely average' - Town star Woolfenden on his season and Town's struggles
- 10 Next steps outlined for decision on A12 traffic light plans
Uvedale Hall is also putting together a timeline charting the history of the home.
People with connections to the home or knowledge of the building are asked to email the activities team.
Uvedale Hall is part of the Healthcare Homes Group. It is based on Coddenham Road in Needham Market. For more information on the range of residential and respite services it provides, visit www.healthcarehomes.co.uk or call 01449 722250.