Olly Murs to headline virtual V Festival in Essex
- Credit: SEANA HUGHES
Pop stars Olly Murs, Anne-Marie and Dizzee Rascal are to headline a virtual V Festival in Essex later this month.
The music festival, which was hosted simultaneously at Hylands Park near Chelmsford and Weston Park in Staffordshire, has not been held since 2017.
But the event is set to return in a virtual fashion later this month in the form of a live special recorded at Hylands Park, with fans watching from home.
The three-part special will feature hour-long episodes hosted by presenter Maya Jama and comedian Joel Dommett on ITV2 from August 21-23.
Organisers have said the shows will feature a mix of live music and feature a “nostalgic look back at the most iconic V Festival sets of all time”.
You may also want to watch:
Olly Murs said: “V Festival holds a very special place in my heart as not only did I used to go every year with my mates and camp as a punter, but I later got the chance to actually perform there and be invited back four times.”
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 3 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 4 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 6 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 7 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 8 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 9 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 10 Saturday drinkers queue for post-lockdown pints