V Festival: Police arrest 51 people for drugs offences
ESSEX Police have arrested a total of 51 people on suspicion of drug offences at V Festival in Chelmsford.
They say the arrests are the result of pro-active drug operations at Hylands Park, where the music festival is taking place.
A total of 15 people have been arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply, 22 have been arrested on suspicion of possession offences and 14 have been arrested on suspicion of supply offences.
Five people have been charged, five issued cannabis warnings and 13 have been given cautions.
No further action has been taken against two of those arrested. The remainder have either been released on bail pending further enquiries until dates in October and November 2012 or are still to be dealt with.
You may also want to watch:
James Beachey, 27, from Brighton has been charged with possession with intent to supply class A drugs (cocaine) and supplying a class A drug. He has been remanded in custody to appear at Southend Magistrates’ Court on the morning of Monday, August 20.
Leon McFarlane, 30, of Sawyers Close, Windsor has been charged with possession of a class A drug and remanded in custody to appear before magistrates in Chelmsford on Monday, August 20.
- 1 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 2 The stats which put Bonne top of the League One charts and firmly on course for a very rare Ipswich Town milestone
- 3 Suffolk families stunned after homes transformed on Changing Rooms
- 4 Channel 4's Changing Rooms comes to Bury St Edmunds tonight
- 5 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 6 Donacien on his Ipswich Town future and why he wears the No.44 shirt
- 7 Villagers call to stop 'hazardous' 5-week road closure with huge diversions
- 8 Teen among two arrested in armed police incident
- 9 Goals, vision and chats with a legend - how Town's loan stars are doing
- 10 Man left with serious injuries after late-night attack in town centre
A 17-year-old boy from Woking in Surrey has been charged with possession of a class B drug (cannabis) and has been bailed to appear at Chelmsford Youth Court on Friday, September 7.
A 25-year-old man from Clacton has been charged with possession of controlled class B drug (cannabis) and bailed to appear at Chelmsford Magistrates’ Court on the morning on Wednesday, September 5.
Another 25-year-old man, Jaymit Amin of Upminster Road South in Rainham, Essex has been charged with possession of controlled class B drug (cannabis) and bailed to appear at Chelmsford Magistrates’ Court on morning of Monday, August 20.