Get your tickets for Valentine’s Ball to raise money for hospital charity
- Credit: Jackie Tooley
Organisers are gearing up for a glittering annual fundraising ball on the most romantic day of the year which is aiming to raise money for a hospital charity.
Valentine’s Day has been celebrated around the world for centuries and in Bury St Edmunds a local community is hosting the event with funds raised going to the My WiSH charity, which supports the West Suffolk Hospital.
Following on from hugely popular events over the past four years the Southgate Community Partnership is once again organising the ball at the Southgate Community Centre, on Saturday February 16, in support of the My WiSH Butterfly Appeal which aims to enhance palliative care at the hospital.
The centre will be transformed into a ballroom with a sumptuous meal, wine and dancing to the Marrakesh Swing Band with guests dressed in their finest gowns and suits.
Partnership chairman of Trustees Andy Abbott is looking forward to the occasion.
He said: “A successful event takes an enormous amount of willing effort and a spark to make some magic. The previous Valentine’s events were an instant hit and I am sure the magic will make this year’s eagerly anticipated ball an equally special experience.
“At a time for roses, chocolate, cards to loved ones and expensive meals out in busy restaurants the Valentine’s Ball offers fantastic value for money.
- 1 Man caught massaging woman's leg by husband viewing home CCTV
- 2 Snow possible overnight as 50mph gusts set to arrive in Suffolk
- 3 Evicted Suffolk family of dying child given early Christmas presents
- 4 Suffolk beauty spots ranked among best in UK
- 5 Is this the cheapest house for sale in Suffolk?
- 7 'You can't kid supporters... we have to give them a lift' - Cook previews Crewe clash
- 8 Willow Tree Farm Shop & Cafe: 'A lovely blend of upmarket and informal'
- 9 Action taken to target second home owners exploiting tax loophole
- 10 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
“Tickets are just £38 single and £75 double for a three-course meal, wine and bubbly with one of the highlights entertainment by the excellent Marrakesh Swing Band.
“Where else could you and your partner enjoy such entertainment and hospitality for just £75 on this most special of nights.”
Sue Smith, head of fundraising at My WiSH, added: “Supporting patients and their families at the end of their lives is something that we, as a charity, are passionate about.
“It is something that could affect us all and being able to provide the extras to help make a difference to patients at such a vulnerable time is incredibly important to us.
“We can’t thank the Southgate Community Partnership for their continued support. The ball is always a wonderful event and one we love to support”.
Tickets available from the Community Centre office open weekdays except Wednesdays - telephone Jackie Tooley on 01284 703705.