Traffic delays after lorry crash on A14
- Credit: EMILY TOWNSEND
Motorists are being warned of long tailbacks after a van and lorry collided on the A14 at Woolpit.
Police were called at 8.30am on Monday morning to reports of a two vehicle crash on the major Suffolk road.
A lorry is thought to have collided with a van at Woolpit, blocking both lanes heading westbound.
Tailbacks are reportedly stretching as far back as Stowmarket – eight miles from the scene of the crash.
An ambulance has been called but it is not yet clear if anybody was injured in the collision.
You may also want to watch:
A spokeswoman for Suffolk Constabulary confirmed police are at the scene and the incident is ongoing.
This is the second lorry crash to block the A14 this morning.
In an unrelated incident shortly after 7am, a car went into the central reservation after colliding with a lorry at Westley, near Bury St Edmunds.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 3 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 5 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 6 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 8 Soul-searching, an unleashing and the enemy within - Town travel to Lincoln in search of a win
- 9 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
- 10 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans