Van driver assaulted in A14 layby
- Credit: Archant
A van driver was assaulted and had his wallet stolen after pulling over in a layby on the A14.
Police received a call shortly after 4pm yesterday reporting that a driver of white Ford Transit van had been assaulted and had his wallet taken after stopping in a layby on the A14 westbound between Needham Market and Stowmarket (Junction 51-50).
The suspect is described as being a white man around 6ft tall, with a stocky build. He wearing a dark coloured baseball cap, black hooded top and black trousers.
Police said he was driving a white or grey coloured van.
Anyone travelling on the A14 between Needham Market and Stowmarket around 4pm on Saturday who may have witnessed the incident or have dashcam footage is asked to contact Bury St Edmunds CID on 101, quoting crime reference 37/12865/20.
Alternatively, report information on Suffolk police's website here.
Information can also be reported to Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555111 or via the Crimestoppers website.
You may also want to watch:
Crimestoppers; Contact the independent charity Crimestoppers 100% anonymously on 0800 555 111 or online at www.crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 6 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 7 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 8 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 9 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
- 10 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season