Fry-up? ‘Van of meat’ ablaze on main road
- Credit: Archant
Emergency services were called to the A143 where a Ford Transit van was on fire.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue were called to the stretch of the A-road near the village of Wattisfield just before 8am today, Saturday, November 24.
Two fire engines, one from Ixworth and one from Elmswell, were dispatched to deal with the blaze and were able to extinguish the flames using a hose.
Suffolk police also arrived at the scene where the van was burning fiercely.
Officers say that no-one was in the van and no casualties have been reported.
The fire caused a steady build-up of slow-moving traffic along Diss Road which is now beginning to clear.
At the time a police spokesman said: “A van of meat is on fire on the A143.
- 1 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 2 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 3 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 4 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 5 Suffolk bin collection changes this Christmas: All you need to know
- 6 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-0 loss at Charlton
- 7 Person dies in Ipswich house fire
- 8 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Charlton loss
- 9 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 10 Charlton Athletic 2-0 Ipswich Town: Limp Blues soundly beaten
“It is causing some traffic problems.”