Fry-up? ‘Van of meat’ ablaze on main road
- Credit: Archant
Emergency services were called to the A143 where a Ford Transit van was on fire.
Suffolk Fire and Rescue were called to the stretch of the A-road near the village of Wattisfield just before 8am today, Saturday, November 24.
Two fire engines, one from Ixworth and one from Elmswell, were dispatched to deal with the blaze and were able to extinguish the flames using a hose.
Suffolk police also arrived at the scene where the van was burning fiercely.
Officers say that no-one was in the van and no casualties have been reported.
You may also want to watch:
The fire caused a steady build-up of slow-moving traffic along Diss Road which is now beginning to clear.
At the time a police spokesman said: “A van of meat is on fire on the A143.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 3 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 4 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 5 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 6 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 7 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 8 Rise in West Suffolk Covid rate one of the highest in England
- 9 Suffolk landowner is fined for careless driving and jumping red light
- 10 Chaplin is Cook's 'assassin' who was once taught a tough lesson by the Town boss
“It is causing some traffic problems.”