Various items stolen from home in Eight Ash Green, near Colchester
- Credit: Archant
Burglars used a paving slab to break into a home in an Essex village and steal various items.
Police are investigating the burglary in Eight Ash Green, near Colchester, and are appealing for information from anyone who saw anyone acting suspiciously in Halstead Road on Wednesday, May 23.
A paving slab was used to break a patio door between 2.10pm and 2.45pm.
A pink Canon Ixus 95 IS camera, a Royal British Legion crystal poppy brooch, a tanzanite and silver cross pendant were stolen in the incident.
Burglars also took a distinctive beige ceramic money box in the shape of a haggis full of five pence coins, a white ceramic money box in the shape of a pig full of commemorative 50p coins, and a green pillowcase with a white daisy design.
You may also want to watch:
Police want to speak to anyone who saw any suspicious activity in the area at the time, and are also keen to speak to anyone who has been offered items for sale matching the descriptions of the property taken, or has found them discarded.
Contact Pc Robert McWilliams at Colchester CID on 101, quoting reference 42/71684/18.
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or use the anonymous online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org
- 1 Suffolk-based former Marine found dead after 10-month disappearance
- 2 Film crews shooting new Netflix film in Suffolk village
- 3 Matchday Recap: It rains goals at Portman Road as Town hit six
- 4 Two mega prisons for 3,500 inmates set to be built near RAF base
- 5 Delays on Orwell Bridge near Ipswich
- 6 Overturned trailer causing delays on roundabout near Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Air ambulance called to incident on Bury St Edmunds estate
- 8 Rovers bottom, Town starting to click, key men back... is this the night?
- 10 Five people injured in 'violent disorder' at Newmarket racecourse