Suffolk man killed in road crash - driver set to appear in court
- Credit: Archant
Police have named a Suffolk man as the victim of a fatal collision in Cambridgeshire on Tuesday.
Vasile Chiorean, 48, of Haverhill, died at the scene of a collision between his white Mitsubishi Shogun and a lorry in the early hours of the morning.
The crash happened on the A505 at Melbourn – about 20 miles west of Haverhill – at about 3.45am.
Jose Galdon-Donate, 55, from Cartegena, Murcia, Spain, has been charged with causing death by dangerous driving.
He is due to appear at Cambridge Magistrates’ Court by video link this morning.
Anyone who witnessed the collision or has dashcam footage of the moments leading up to it is urged to contact police on 101 or visit at cambs.police.uk/report quoting incident 40 of February 2.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 3 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 4 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 5 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 6 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 7 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 8 Plans for 170 homes in village outside of Ipswich
- 9 Managing director of popular zoos steps down after 28 years
- 10 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover