Vauxhall Astra hits central barrier on A12 near Witham
- Credit: citizenside.com
A car crashed into the central barrier on the A12 in north-east Essex this morning.
A blue Vauxhall Astra was involved in the single-vehicle collision on the A12 northbound near Witham at 5.40am.
Firefighters and paramedics were called to the scene but the driver was out of the car and did not require hospital treatment, an Essex Police spokesman said.
There were reports of a three-vehicle collision but the force spokesman said the other two vehicles had just stopped to help.
Four stretches of the central barrier need repair work following the incident.
You may also want to watch:
The stretch of the A12, between junctions 21 and 22, had fully re-opened by 7.15am.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 3 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 5 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 6 Former judge's widow on trial for sex abuse of young boy in 1980s
- 7 Woman taken to hospital after being hit by car
- 8 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 9 Stuart Watson's Verdict: Judge Chambers and Skuse's legacy by what their peers said
- 10 More than £23k raised in memory of mum who died 2 days after giving birth