Vehicle overturns into a ditch close to Jimmy’s Farm
- Credit: Tom Potter
A car has overturned into a ditch off the A137 close to Jimmy’s Farm on the outskirts of Ipswich.
A spokesman for Suffolk police confirmed that the vehicle ended up on its roof in a ditch on the stretch of road towards Tattingstone.
It is not yet known if anyone was injured in the incident.
It is one of four crashes emergency services have been dealing with on the county’s roads this evening.
Police attended an accident on the A1071 which blocked the Timperleys junction in both directions.
The accident happened at 6.30pm when a VW Golf ended up half in a ditch and half on the road. Officers at the scene said the driver had suffered a cut arm and an ambulance had been called.
Meanwhile, the A14 eastbound was partially blocked at the A1308 Stowmarket junction because of an accident involving a BMW car which police said had apparently aqua-planed due to the amount of water on the road.
- 1 Mystery of container ships at anchor off Suffolk coast solved
- 2 Town keen on Leeds left-back Davis
- 3 'We're going to push back!' - Ashton's message to Norwich City
- 4 Go-ahead for 1,000 new homes on controversial site
- 5 Wooden fence panels stolen from front garden of home
- 6 Family left homeless after bungalow destroyed in fire
- 7 Man in 40s stabbed at town centre multi-storey car park
- 8 Police release CCTV images after man suffers broken nose in attack
- 9 New grazing restaurant opening on Suffolk high street this week
- 10 'The Piggy Tail Trail' is Mid Suffolk town's fourth art event
The male driver was not injured but his car was damaged and left facing in the opposite direction.
The car struck the central reservation – leaving a 10m section of barrier damaged – and debris from the collision splattered across the westbound carriageway, smashing the windscreen of another vehicle, leaving the woman driver and her 11-year-old child passenger badly shaken.
Earlier the A12 southbound at Stratford St Mary was closed for a while after a Rover 75 car hit the central reservation crash barrier.
The incident happened just after the roadworks and close to the Essex border at 5pm and destroyed around 50m of crash barriers.
Police said the Highways Agency had been informed of the damage and would arrange repairs.