Vehicle pile-up on major road
EMERGENCY services are today dealing with a pile-up on a major road in Suffolk.The collision occurred on the Stowmarket-bound carriageway of the A14 near Creeting St Mary just after 11am.
MOTORISTS faced miles of tailbacks today following a four-car prang on a major Suffolk road.
Emergency services were called to the Stowmarket-bound carriageway of the A14 near Creeting St Mary just after 11am.
No-one was hurt in the collision, but one lane of the road was closed while recovery of the vehicles was organised.
This caused tailbacks stretching to the Sproughton turn-off, which were made worse when other vehicles in the queues broke down and required recovery.
Police said they did not know when the road would be fully re-opened.
- 1 No timescale for when Suffolk road closed due to flooding can reopen
- 2 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 3 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Essex
- 4 Nearly 150 homes to go on land no longer needed for jobs
- 5 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 6 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 7 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
- 8 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 9 Van driver jailed after A12 crash left motorist with life-changing injuries
- 10 'Ipswich did so much for me' - Knight excited for Town return with Crewe after dream Manchester City move