Italian flavour to new charity cycle challenge
- Credit: Archant
To celebrate St Elizabeth Hospice’s 30th anniversary next year, supporters of St Elizabeth Hospice are being given a new cycle challenge to get their teeth into – and they will have to brush up their Italian to take part.
The Venice to Rome cycle challenge takes place in September 2019 and the hospice is now looking for keen cyclists to take part.
Joanne Rodger, events and challenges manager, said: “Our previous London to Paris challenges have been really well supported but Venice to Rome brings with it a new experience. The distance is a little further and the terrain is a little more hilly this time but the journey is incredible and we know everyone who takes part will have an amazing time and make friends for life.”
Each cyclist is asked to raise a minimum of £2,200 for St Elizabeth Hospice to secure their place on the 400 mile ride which finishes at the ancient Colosseum in Rome.
Those taking part will be supported by an experienced team who will also take care of getting bikes to and from the challenge.
Dan Beaumont previously took part in the hospice’s London to Paris ride in 2017 and enjoyed it so much, he’s the first person to put his name down for the Venice to Rome challenge.
“We really gelled as a team and had a great time together. It’s an experience I’ll never forget,” he said. “I enjoyed it so much that I jumped at the chance to take part in the Venice to Rome cycle challenge and have already started my fundraising for the hospice.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 2 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 3 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 4 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 5 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 6 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 7 New animal feed mill planned for Bury St Edmunds
- 8 Flood alerts issued for Suffolk coast ahead of expected high tide
- 9 New Ed Sheeran Christmas song with Elton John out this week
- 10 Plans submitted for Suffolk equestrian centre's new home
Tyree McKinney, from challenge sponsors Spokeworx, said: “We’re really pleased to be getting behind the Venice to Rome cycle challenge. The hospice does a fantastic job helping local people and it’s our pleasure to be supporting those who will be raising vital funds for this incredible charity.”
For those wanting to find out more about the challenge, the hospice is hosting an information evening at their base in Foxhall Road on Monday 23 July from 6pm. Those wishing to attend should email email@example.com.
For further details about the Venice to Rome cycle challenge, which takes place from 9 to 15 September 2019, visit stelizabethhospice.org.uk/venicetorome.