VivaVoices concerts help to raise £1,670 for Children With Cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
The VivaVoices community choirs have raised £1,670 for Children With Cancer following their Christmas concerts.
They performed at the United Reformed Church, in Stowmarket; the Unitarian Meeting House, in Bury St Edmunds; Fairstead House School, in Newmarket; and Fairland United Reformed Church, in Wymondham; where they sang a mix of songs and carols from across the decades.
The Stowmarket concert, attended by mayor Dave Muller and wife Lois, featured a solo of “Lean On Me”, sung by choir member Emma Preston who dedicated the song to her four-year-old daughter Mia who has leukaemia.
Choir leader Graeme Hopson said: “We chose to raise money for Children With Cancer to help children like Mia who are diagnosed with leukaemia and cancer. I’m delighted we’ve raised so much for such a good cause and I’d like to thank all the choir members and everyone who supported our concerts.”
VivaVoices meets on Mondays, from 7.30pm to 9pm, at the United Reformed Church, in Ipswich Street, Stowmarket, with rehearsals starting on January 15.
You may also want to watch:
Call 01284 700286 or visit www.vivavoices.com for more information.
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 3 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 6 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 7 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'in £100,000 tug-of-war' for non-league midfielder
- 9 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road
- 10 A12 clear after two-car crash at Farnham