Victim could be scarred for life after attack by gang with baseball bats and mystery liquid
- Credit: Archant
The victim of a nasty attack may be scarred for life after he was sprayed in the face with an unknown substance and beaten with baseball bats by a gang in Chelmsford.
A man in his 20s and a man in his 40s were near the BP petrol station, in Baddow Road, at about 12.50am on Sunday, when a dark car pulled up next to them.
Four black men got out, assaulted the men with baseball bats and sprayed them in their faces with an unknown substance.
The victims were able to get away, but one of them suffered potentially life-changing injuries to his face.
Detective sergeant Dan Smith, from Chelmsford CID, called it a “nasty attack”.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “This incident will understandably cause concern to local residents but I want to reassure them that these types of attacks are very rare and we believe it to be an isolated incident.”
Anyone with information should contact Ds Smith on 101, or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 4 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 5 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 6 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 7 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 8 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 9 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 10 'It's powerful' - Harper on Town's use of sports psychology