Man killed in A12 crash named as Jamie Robson as inquest opens into his death
- Credit: ©Archant Photographic 2010
A 25-year-old man killed in a crash on the A12 just before New Year’s Eve crashed into the central barrier and died at the scene, an inquest heard.
Jamie Robson was driving his car on the London-bound carriageway in the early hours of December 30 when it collided with the central reservation.
Coroner’s officer David Dinnell officially opened an inquest into Mr Robson’s death at Essex Coroner’s Court in Chelmsford today.
He said: “This 25-year-old man was driving his vehicle, of which he was the only occupant, along the A12 London bound.
“For reasons unknown it collided with the central crash barrier.
You may also want to watch:
“An ambulance was called but sadly he was pronounced dead at the scene by a paramedic.
“The police investigation is ongoing.”
- 1 Ipswich Town lead the chase to sign Luton skipper Sonny Bradley
- 2 Passenger falls off motorbike on A134
- 3 'Mass of smoke' billows from roof in house fire
- 4 ‘Unique’ farm in coveted river setting hits market for first time in 60 years
- 5 First look at golf club's multi-million pound coastal homes development
- 6 Luke Chambers: 'To be brutally honest, I didn't think I would be leaving the club this summer'
- 7 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 8 Caravans pitched at Portman Road car park
- 9 New rickshaw taxi service starts in town
- 10 Farm to use renovated rail carriages as holiday lets
A post-mortem examination found Mr Robson’s provisional cause of death was multiple injuries.
Experts are still waiting for toxicology results to come back.
Mr Dinnell opened and adjourned the inquest until April 10.