Man killed in A12 crash named as Jamie Robson as inquest opens into his death
- Credit: ©Archant Photographic 2010
A 25-year-old man killed in a crash on the A12 just before New Year’s Eve crashed into the central barrier and died at the scene, an inquest heard.
Jamie Robson was driving his car on the London-bound carriageway in the early hours of December 30 when it collided with the central reservation.
Coroner’s officer David Dinnell officially opened an inquest into Mr Robson’s death at Essex Coroner’s Court in Chelmsford today.
He said: “This 25-year-old man was driving his vehicle, of which he was the only occupant, along the A12 London bound.
“For reasons unknown it collided with the central crash barrier.
You may also want to watch:
“An ambulance was called but sadly he was pronounced dead at the scene by a paramedic.
“The police investigation is ongoing.”
- 1 Three East Anglian curry houses make final of English Curry Awards
- 2 Daylight dogging makes beauty spot 'no-go area'
- 3 'It was horrific': Grandmother stuck abroad after 40ft castle fall
- 4 Five star cat hotel opens near Bury St Edmunds
- 5 'We have the quality to go on and win this league' - Burns calls upon fans to keep the faith
- 6 Towering views for royal on visit to see completed £4m Suffolk project
- 7 Two people rescued in four vehicle crash on A14
- 8 'Keep the faith' - Town fans on poor start and what needs to change
- 9 Mike Bacon: Oh, what have we done to deserve this?
- 10 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
A post-mortem examination found Mr Robson’s provisional cause of death was multiple injuries.
Experts are still waiting for toxicology results to come back.
Mr Dinnell opened and adjourned the inquest until April 10.