Tributes paid to Braintree woman Suzanne Brown as man is charged with murder
- Credit: Archant
Essex Police have named the woman who died after suffering stab wounds in Braintree on Saturday as Suzanne Brown.
Police officers were called to Mountbatten Court shortly after midnight on Saturday morning.
Suzanne Brown, 33, of Mountbatten Court in Braintree, died at the scene after being found unconscious with stab wounds.
Jake Neate, 36, unemployed, of Mountbatten Court, Mountbatten Road, Braintree, has been charged with murder and is due to appear at Chelmsford Magistrates’ Court tomorrow, December 18.
A police spokesperson said: “Officers attended an address in Mountbatten Court, Braintree, shortly before 12.20am on Saturday, December 16 after being contacted with concerns for the welfare of the occupants.”
You may also want to watch:
A post mortem examination has found the preliminary cause of her death as stab wounds.
Ms Brown’s family paid tribute to her: “It is with deep sadness that we say our beautiful daughter Suzanne Brown was tragically taken from us on December 16.
- 1 Antiques Roadtrip star opens new Suffolk antiques shop
- 2 'Our supporters are tired and bored of us' - Cook on 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 3 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 4 Cyclist dies after collision with car in Bury St Edmunds
- 5 Driver flees after crashing into level crossing
- 6 Cafe owner 'very emotional' after mystery customer leaves £500 for staff
- 7 'Complete negligence' - anger as sports clubs locked out of playing fields
- 8 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Spurs loanee Parrott set to return to Blues next season
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss at AFC Wimbledon
- 10 Driver who killed 'dearly loved' man, 29, in crash is jailed
“She was a dearly loved daughter, sister, granddaughter, niece and auntie.
“We ask as a family to be left in peace to grieve.”
Police have charged a man with murder.