Tributes paid to Braintree woman Suzanne Brown as man is charged with murder
- Credit: Archant
Essex Police have named the woman who died after suffering stab wounds in Braintree on Saturday as Suzanne Brown.
Police officers were called to Mountbatten Court shortly after midnight on Saturday morning.
Suzanne Brown, 33, of Mountbatten Court in Braintree, died at the scene after being found unconscious with stab wounds.
Jake Neate, 36, unemployed, of Mountbatten Court, Mountbatten Road, Braintree, has been charged with murder and is due to appear at Chelmsford Magistrates’ Court tomorrow, December 18.
A police spokesperson said: “Officers attended an address in Mountbatten Court, Braintree, shortly before 12.20am on Saturday, December 16 after being contacted with concerns for the welfare of the occupants.”
You may also want to watch:
A post mortem examination has found the preliminary cause of her death as stab wounds.
Ms Brown’s family paid tribute to her: “It is with deep sadness that we say our beautiful daughter Suzanne Brown was tragically taken from us on December 16.
- 1 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 2 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 3 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 6 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 7 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 8 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 9 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 10 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open
“She was a dearly loved daughter, sister, granddaughter, niece and auntie.
“We ask as a family to be left in peace to grieve.”
Police have charged a man with murder.