Video: Christchurch Park in Ipswich reopens amid police investigation of three stabbings
- Credit: Archant
Christchurch Park has reopened as police continue their investigations into a stabbing incident last night.
The park, including Christchurch Mansion, was closed this morning as police investigated the attacks. However the cordon has now been lifted for the park except for four specific areas. Police are to continue with detailed searches.
A 22-year-old man and two 17-year-old boys were arrested after the stabbings in the park in Ipswich and are still in custody this morning.
The three people who were injured are understood to have been drinking in the park when an altercation is understood to have taken place between two groups.
Police were contacted by the ambulance service just after 6.50pm yesterday who had been called to reports that a man had been stabbed in the leg in the park.
They found a man in his 40s with several wounds to his legs near the junction of Park Road and Henley Road.
You may also want to watch:
A few minutes later a second man was found with a stab wound and cuts to his face and a wound to his body. A third man had a small puncture wound in his shoulder.
Two of the three men have been taken to Ipswich Hospital for treatment. The man with the shoulder wound was checked over by ambulance staff at the scene.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 3 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 5 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 6 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 7 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 8 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 9 The end of an era as Suffolk's last Debenhams store closes
- 10 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
A search, involving police officers on the ground and the helicopter, was launched to trace those involved and to ensure there were no further victims.
The trio detained by police are all from Ipswich and in custody at Martlesham Police Investigation Centre.
Christchurch Park was cordoned off overnight and remained so this morning ahead of a daylight search by police.
Anyone with information about the incident or who finds any discarded weapon that may be linked to the incident should telephone Suffolk Police on 101 quoting CAD 394 of March 20.