Video: East Bergholt dancers raise money for Age UK Suffolk during 1950s themed Wiggle-a-thon
- Credit: Archant
A group of well-dressed movers and shakers raised over £1,600 for Age UK Suffolk during this year’s Wiggle-a-thon.
The annual event took place on Saturday at East Bergholt Sports Centre and invited dancers in poodle skirts and leather jackets with its 1950s theme.
Janet Drake and her FunDancing team led six 45 minute dance sessions, and with each routine equating to a three mile jog, the dancers clocked up a massive 321 miles of activity in just six hours.
George Chilvers from Age UK Suffolk said: “Yet again the Wiggle-a-thon has proved to be a massive success, with everyone putting in so much effort.
“It’s amazing to think that everyone who completed all six sessions had done the equivalent of an 18 mile run yet they were still smiling and laughing at the end.”
You may also want to watch:
The event was part of the charity’s Pound-a-Mile Challenge, which aims to raise £72,000 by accumulating 72,000 miles in physical activity throughout 2015.
To find out more about the challenge and ways to get involved contact George Chilvers on 01473 353069 or email email@example.com
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Ipswich U18s fall to second-half Liverpool goals - how the FA Youth Cup semi-final unfolded....
- 4 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 5 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 6 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 7 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 8 'Larger-than-life' Ipswich drama teacher Gloria Henshall dies
- 9 'I loved my time here... I should have stayed' - Former loanee Jeffers back with Town in coaching role
- 10 Pub boss struggling to recruit ahead of lockdown lifting