Video: Essex brothers star in marathon music video
- Credit: Archant
TWO brothers have come up with a catchy music video to boost their fund-raising efforts for the London Marathon.
David, 32, and Kelvin Bright, 28, from Colchester and Clacton respectively, are running the Virgin London Marathon on Sunday in memory of their mum, Stella who passed away last July, following a short fight with cancer.
The brothers want to stop similar tragedies happening to other families, and have therefore decided to run the 26.2 miles whilst raising money for the Associate of International Cancer Research (AICR).
The organisation funds scientific research worldwide into preventing all types of cancer. David was also treated for testicular cancer a decade ago while their father, Gerald, recently lost part of his foot due to an aggressive form of skin cancer.
In order to maximise their fund-raising, David’s old school friend and local musician, Gary Guiver, composed a catchy song about the brothers’ marathon training. Together with David’s brother-in-law, Rob Muir, they created a quirky music video. The video features the song: “Mighty Brightiess Make Us Proud” together with clips of the brothers running through Colchester Park and High Street, as well as near Clacton Pier.
You may also want to watch:
David said: “We’re raised about £3,200 so far from family and friends but want to better that and are aiming for £4,000. The video contains local landmarks around Colchester and we are hoping it might go viral on the web and promote our cause.
David, a project manager at a publishing company who ran the London Marathon for the first time in 2010, added: “Our family has been affected badly but various cancers over the last few years and we truly believe that cancer should be avoidable or completely treatable. It’s only by helping to fund research for charities such as AICR can we ensure that becomes a reality.”
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 6 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 9 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash
- 10 Murder accused storms out of witness box after admitting stabbing his ex
Brother Kelvin, a trainee train driver who only recently took up running and competed in last month’s Colchester Half Marathon said: “Running isn’t something I’ve done much of, and the prospect of doing 26.2 miles is unnerving but I’m determined to finish as we’re doing it for Mum. I’m sure that on the day the crowds in London will really help me through.”
To sponsor the Bright Brothers, visit their Justgiving page: www.justgiving.com/mightybrighties while their video can be found at the www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVKbK6U_qI4 web address.