Video: Fire destroys thatched roof of Suffolk home
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters from stations across Suffolk and north Essex were called to tackle a blaze which started in the thatched roof of a home.
Crews from Sudbury, Woodbridge, Hadleigh, Colchester and Halstead were alerted just before 1pm to a fire in Crawley Road, Wissington, near Nayland.
The first crew arrived at 13.24pm and began to fight the flames using three hoses.
An hour later, back up arrived from Princes Street, Ipswich, and Long Melford stations.
The fire involved two semi-detached properties, measuring a total 21 metres by six metres.
You may also want to watch:
Although the blaze was brought under control just after 3.50pm, firefighters were unable to save the roof from collapsing on both properties.
- 1 Boss who boasted of lavish lifestyle is bankrupt with £100k debts
- 2 Felixstowe beach hut goes on sale for record price
- 3 Woman's body found in village home
- 5 Indian Covid variant being monitored in Suffolk after one case confirmed
- 6 A14 delays as police deal with incident near Orwell Bridge
- 7 A14 re-opens after medical emergency
- 8 Couple were found 'slumped over' on their sofa, inquest hears
- 9 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 10 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street