Video: Flashing noses and antlers galore as St Helena Hospice fundraisers take part in Castle Park Reindeer Dash
- Credit: Gregg Brown
Around 200 people dressed as reindeer helped raise money for a hospice in Colchester today.
The fundraisers descended on Castle Park for the 3km Reindeer Dash, complete with antlers and flashing noses, to support the St Helena Hospice.
The family event was said to have been a lot of fun and very successful by the charity’s events fundraiser Angie Diggins.
“The Reindeer Dash was a great day and everybody enjoyed dashing in their reindeer antlers and flashing noses,” she said.
“We had lots of laughs and fun throughout the day and the participants got to have a look around the stalls at the Winter Wonderland too which was lovely.
You may also want to watch:
“A big thank you to all the volunteers and participants for making it such an amazing day.”
Karen Packford and Lisa Wallis came from Hatfield Peverel to take part in the charity event and they really got into the spirit of things by dressing up as reindeers.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 3 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 4 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 5 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 6 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 7 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 8 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 9 Bookings now open for unique new Suffolk dining experience
- 10 Plans to convert pub into block of holiday lets withdrawn
Ms Wallis said: “We did the Reindeer Dash last year and wanted to do it again this year because it’s for a great cause, its great fun and a fun day out for all the family.”