Video/Gallery: Dr Who, Daleks and Darth Vader launch new sci-fi exhibition
- Credit: Archant
Stars of science fiction travelled across space and time to Suffolk this weekend to launch a new exhibition.
Darth Vader, Jedi knights and bounty hunter Boba Fett from Star Wars joined Daleks, Cybermen and Doctor Who at Moyse’s Hall for the opening of its Time and Space Exhibition.
It is the third year the museum has run the exhibition, this year expanding it from just Doctor Who to include characters from all sorts of sci-fi classics.
Jeremy Bulloch, who played Boba Fett in Star Wars, and Paul Darrow, who played Kerr Avon in Blake’s 7, were at the museum on Saturday launching the exhibition and telling stories to fans young and old.
Lance Alexander, Moyse’s Hall visitor services manager, will be spending the next two weeks as a jedi knight.
You may also want to watch:
He said: “We’re extremely happy with how it’s come together. Someone asked me how much we’d paid for the exhibition, but everything here is community loaned.
“We’ve also extended it because the interest is so high.”
The auction runs until November 3. For more information visit www.moyseshall.org
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 5 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 6 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 7 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 8 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash
- 9 Murder accused storms out of witness box after admitting stabbing his ex
- 10 Town confirm four more exits at end of season