Video/Gallery: Orchestra leader prepares for homecoming concert
- Credit: Lucy Taylor
An orchestra is hard at work preparing for a concert that will have special significance for its leader.
The Wolsey Orchestra has been busy rehearsing at its base in Ipswich in preparation for its fourth performance at The Apex in Bury St Edmunds.
The venue is particularly special for orchestra leader Jamie Foreman, who grew up and learned the violin in Bury. He will be showcasing his years of training when he performs Philip Glass’s Violin Concerto.
He said: “To be able to perform the Philip Glass Concerto in my hometown in front of a local audience will be the icing on the cake.
“To get the chance to play it with an orchestra of the quality of the Wolsey Orchestra, in a venue as remarkable as The Apex, is a real privilege. I can guarantee this will bring some extra sparkle to my performance.”
You may also want to watch:
The orchestra is due to appear on Saturday, February 8 at 7.30pm. For more information or to book tickets call 01284 758000.
- 1 How Suffolk voted in the county council elections 2021
- 2 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 3 Poorly rated Chick King takeaway goes into liquidation
- 4 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 5 When Ipswich boss Cook will inform players of his contract decisions
- 6 Election 2021: Ipswich Borough Council results
- 7 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 8 Campervan ban lifted in 12 car parks by the coast
- 9 Why Cook has given Norwood Ipswich Town's captain's armband
- 10 Police identify elderly man after incident involving young girl in village